Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tomorrow is the big arrival!

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but...

Since we no longer have a maid, I have been cooking almost every week-night.

Anyway, these are meals cooked simply to eat and to have leftovers for lunch the following day. Needless to say, they aren't usually worth breaking out the camera.

Then, there are Arturo's Tacos (I can hear the groan of you faithful blog readers...yes, I am talking about the tacos again!).

Last night, Arturo was home early, I was home early, and Nilo came over to drop off Arturo's bike.

He stayed, Arturo cooked, we had cocktails, and the camera was brought out.

In other GREAT news...



Kathleen and Ron have had their baby! Aidan Jacob Sokolov was born on Saturday, June 21st, weighing 8 lbs and 10 oz. Pretty darn cute, eh?



NOW, FOR THE BIG ARRIVAL...


Mom arrives tomorrow! This means several good things...

First, it means I get to see my mom! And it means I get to see her, in all of her glory, speaking Spanish like the locals, here in Peru, my home. That's a pretty good feeling.

(Although, I am unduly anxious about her arrival at the same time that I am excited. I really want to impress her with my Spanish and my life here. I guess, ultimately, I'm still just her daughter.)

Second, her arrival means there is only one more week of teaching before I have three weeks off! That means that soon Arturo and I will be exploring the Amazon jungle. Literally. How cool is that?

Third, it's my birthday on Saturday! Mom, Arturo, my friend Anna and I are going to Rosa Nautica, one of the most beautiful restaurants I've ever been to (that includes restaurants in NYC). Check it out: http://www.larosanautica.com/rn_ubiquenos.html

1 comment:

Bettina said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Avivia!! I hope you had a great one. I heard about the earthquake yesterday...so scary again. Hope your mom is having a wonderful visit nonetheless.