Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good stuff

It's been a busy, but good couple of weeks.

Arturo got a new job! He is now ejecutivo de negios at Interbank. Basically, he is an account manager whose job is to get businesses - those that earn beteween $1 million to $15 million annually - to sign up with the bank for financial services. Interbank is a Peruvian bank, rated as one of the 'Great Places to Work' in Lima and so far I would have to agree. Of course, there are pros and cons. Here they are, in my opinion: Pros...we'll have more money, Arturo will lose the boredom he felt with the hostel in the last several months...Cons: Arturo will not arrive home before 8:00 p.m. and I miss him, and he can't come to the States in January.



We're going to the theater! We went to the opera to see Madame Butterfly and are going to see Tony Kushner's En Casa/En Kabul (Homebody/Kabul) tonight. Since I've become slightly obsessed with the tv show Grey's Anatomy, it's good to return to a more intellectual and culture pastime.


Obama won!!! Yes, I voted...or I think I did. I mailed an absentee ballot off...who knows if it got there in time. And I stayed up until he spoke at midnight the night he won...and felt surprisingly emotional. I think for the first time in a long time I felt proud of my country.

Food, food, food! Eating just never seems to stop lately. We went out to eat Chinese food (not Chifa, Chinese-Peruvian fusion food) to celebatre Arturo's new job. You can see the kitchen in the restaurant so we decided to get our photo taken right in the kitchen. Also, I have begun baking. So far, it's just simple delicacies like banana bread and lime bread, but it's been fun and I look forward to continuing.


I'm meeting new people! My friend Kim invited me to a "Women & Wine" party and I met tons of new people (along with great food and wine). Most of the people work at Kim's school, but there were some other people, too. I thought it would be nice, but it was way more fun than I ever expected and I can't wait until our next gathering in December!


School is almost over! Final exams begin on the 27th of November and then I just have to coast until December 19th. Then, I am off until February 16th. Yeah!!!!

No comments: