Sunday, December 21, 2008

And it begins...

Last year, I thought the holiday season was busy, but this year I have just begun to understand exactly how busy it is. One word springs to mind to describe this: insanity.

Between my job, Arturo's job, my friends, Arturo's friends and Arturo's family, there has been a reunion (get together/party) every single night. So, having been in a constant state of near-exhaustion, I haven't updated my blog in a while.
The quick update is:
* Barbecue with some friends (love their pool and trampoline!)
* Shopping locally in Miraflores (love the Christmas book fair!)
* Girls' Night Out with Kim (pisco sours and dancing....fun!)
* English Department Meeting (leaving school behind and enjoying each other's company!)
* End of the Year Lunch at school (so bloody hot I thought we might melt, but still somehow very fun!)
* Bachelorette Party / Hen Night / Despidida de solteras (just as cheesy as in the USA, but very fun and my first night out, on my own, with only Spanish-speakers!)
* Annual Holiday Party with Arturo's friend from the colegio (including a first-ever gift exchange!)






The long update is that after EIGHT long years, Arturo's brother has come home to visit Peru from the USA. (so, yes, I do realize that we've been having more dinners and family gatherings as a result).
Next blog will be all about the oh so adorable Sebastian.
Here's just a little bit of a teaser.
He's pretty darn cute!!

No comments: