Friday, November 9, 2007

Good worries

Much of this week has been spent shopping online and talking to my sister on the phone. Why? Because Dad comes next week -- and with him, two bags of stuff for me! Yeah!!

I also watched one of the South American Rugby Championship games this week. The championship is taking place at my school so it was pretty easy to get to. There's even a women's rugby team (remember, I used to play for a bit in college), but I'm not sure I want to attend practices from 8-10 p.m. twice a week in a place that's 30 minutes away from where I live. On the other hand, it would be a fun way to meet people. We'll see.


Another 'good stress' worry is about our...well, for lack of a better word...maid. I know that it's part of society here and that I've given someone a job who didn't have one. I also know that starting to cook dinner at 9:00 at night when I want to be in bed by 10:30 puts a stress on our relationship (and my stomach). However, it still feels awkward. One of the most awkward parts is that I haven't met her yet...and at the same time, I'm incredibly nervous for our first meeting tomorrow. Although I am sure, as one colleague at school put it: You'll get used to it in no time. Who wouldn't?

1 comment:

Bettina said...

I know Kim had some trepidations, too, but hey, enjoy it while you can. Kim's maid btw is a total sweetheart and great cook.