Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A relaxing weekend

Now that I'm done with Fodor's and there is only one week left in the school year, I am left with only one question: What will I do with all of my free time?

We started enjoying the extra time by having Arturo's mom and brother over for lunch.

Here I am cooking our...well, our, edible lunch. I can't say it was the best food I've ever made, but the afternoon was fun anyway. The wine over lunch might have helped me to relax, speak Spanish and not obsess over the fact that the food was pretty bland.

This is the outside of our apartment building, surrounded by a black fence and a couple of parking spaces (which we do not have included in our rent).

Arturo and I even went for a walk in our neighborhood. We realized that it's actually the first time we walked together without an agenda.

The weather was lovely, the para gliders were out by the dozen, floating above the city, and the ice-cream vendors had a nice selection of refreshments to enjoy.

After, we lazed around for the day, watched a movie and went out to dinner with some friends who were in town for the weekend.


The next day, Sunday, we had a barbecue and then went to a rock concert. That's right, a rock concert. A famous Argentinian band, Soda Stereo is on tour and a group of seven of us went to enjoy the show. Soda Stereo began in 1982 so, needless to say, the crowd was a bit older. The music was great and the show was lots of fun. The midnight hour-long walk to find a taxi after wasn't fun, but it was worth it.

No comments: