Sunday, February 15, 2009

"all kinds of visa"

My 'other' parents (my neighbors from growing up) told me that I should write a book filled with all of the funny moments which happen while living abroad.

While I'm not sure I have it in me to write a book, I also know that so many other people have really funny moments that I'm not sure my book would be bought by anyone other than my family.

But, within the forum of this blog, I have decided to include more 'funny moments.'

One of them is the 'reciprocity visa' receipt I received from the Brazilian Embassy.

It's a very official (notice the stamps on the bottom right) and polite way (although, not exactly perfect in diction) to say:

"Hey, if you're going to charge us for visas, then we're going to charge you."

In response I say: fair enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just FYI. As soon as you arrive, you will be separate in a different line from all the people. Then you have to pass trough a machine which will blow some air... etc, etc... the same process everybody have to follow when enter to USA.

On the other hand, in Chile there is a Tax called "Impuesto de reciprocidad"... same rational than the Brazilian one.

I really hope that, with Omala, general perception world has from americans definitely change.

Beso,
Fer.