Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lazy in Lima

Since coming back to Lima, I haven't done much of anything.

No, that's not true...but it's shocking how little I have done.


  • I read a couple of book (my favorite is Obama's memoirs)
    I went to the beach (thank you Maria for the invitation)
  • I slept. A lot.
  • I went to the dentist (first time since coming to Peru)
  • I decided to stop being a martyr and to take advantage of things here: I hired someone to come and clean/cook once a week ($10 per day; 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
  • With the help of our building's 'portero' I got the bedroom curtain fixed (it had been broken since November) and the shower fixed (it had been leaking since December).
  • I watched all episodes of Grey's Anatomy that are available online.
  • We booked a short visit to Sao Paulo, Brazil over Easter to visit Arturo's friends who live there...and then I got my tourist visa (and Arturo didn't since Brazil only requires visas as a form of reciprocity. Basically, Peru doesn't require Brazilian's to have a tourist visa, so Brazil doesn't require Peruvians to have one. On the other hand, the US does...so...I now have a 5 year visa to Brazil).
  • I cooked some interesting new recipes (my favorite is garlic chicken).
  • I finally got around to buying big 20L water instead of just boiling water trying desperately to keep up with our water needs.
  • Did I mention that I slept a lot?

No comments: