Sunday, October 12, 2008

Last Weekend of Vacation

After my week of doing-absolutely-nothing, it ended with good food and more doing of nothing.


On Friday, I realized that I needed to do some of my schoolwork. Yuck! But, I spent most of the afternoon grading and then was ready to relax. So, that night, Arturo came over with his cousin, Max who was in Lima for the weekend for work. He made an amazing salad for dinner, complete with poached chicken, cheese, bacon and a homemade creamy vinagrette. Yummy! Then, he and Max went out while I went to sleep.


Saturday, we went to Hugo's house for a barbecue and to watch the Peru-Bolivia football game. We arrived with our red and white clothes to be patriotic...but they still lost.

It was no matter - we had a wonderful afternoon filled with delicious food, friends and conversation.

On Sunday, I did the rest of of my schoolwork while Arturo went to the hostel (he's got some big group of 30 people). Then, we cooked Aji de Gallina. OK, Arturo cooked it, but I helped pull the chicken!










Anyway, it was delicious, but a bit different. We used wheat bread instead of white bread, and a certain type of aji that we think we should have skipped.

So, in the end, it has a slightly different flavor and was pretty spicy, but I liked it - and now we know what to do for next time. And, oh how I hope there is a next time soon. It is seriously one of my favorite Peruvian dishes.

Now, it's time to pack my lunch and try to go to sleep early. Tomorrow it's back at school...and I'm going to drive the car!

No comments: