Sunday, February 17, 2008

Glass half empty...I mean full (a rant)

THE NEGATIVES: I have to start work tomorrow. We bought a car and have nowhere to park it so I might actually have to take a taxi to my car each morning (thus, paying more money than just taking a taxi and taking longer to get to and from work). I'm scared to start full-time teaching here and am afraid that the courses I have to teach will be too challenging. I have a friend arriving tomorrow night and have to work instead of just hanging out. There are still at least 4 loads of laundry left to do (and it takes two days to dry the laundry outside since it costs almost $1,000 to buy a dryer). My stomach is still upset and I'm not sure how I'm going to teach while going to the bathroom every hour. Since I can't afford cable, there are no English programs to watch on tv and the only thing on are Spanish soap operas and these bizarre reality game shows. I'm broke and won't get paid for another two weeks.


THE POSITIVES: I have two friends from college coming to visit this week! My dad sent me a beautiful Valentine's Day bouquet! It's summer and not winter! I have an amazing boyfriend! We have a car and can go places on the weekends! My Spanish is improving! I read almost a dozen books in the past two months! My mom is coming to visit in July! Oh...and I just had a fantastic vacation in Colombia!

No comments: