Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back to school

I just got back from our trip (lucky Arturo gets to stay another night for the Internacional Fiesta de la Primavera since he doesn´t have to work on Monday). We finished everything from Trujillo to Tumbes in 10 days. There are many places I want to go back to and am saddened that most people come to Peru and skip the north. It´s beautiful with warmer weather, beaches, and incredible archeological sites and history.

Tomorrow is my first day at Newton College. We´ve arranged for a taxi driver to pick me up at 6:25 a.m. I already miss the 10 minute walk I used to have to work. I have planned my lessons for tomorrow and even spent my own money on photocopying so I am ready to go. My outfit is laid out (this was easy since I only have two pairs of work pants to choose from at the moment). This, of course, does not prevent me from being nervous.

More tomorrow on the trip, my first day of teaching at a private international school in Peru, and - very long overdue - photos!

No comments: